Monday, May 2, 2011

Gardening Expedition



It's been a long time since I blogged, so I thought I'd drop a quick blog on my new hobby of choice.

As the title would imply I am trying to grow my own garden and I've started with some herbs (basil, sweet basil and thyme) along with a hot chili plant.

I've also started growing from seed a few easy beginner plants like peas, edamame, zucchini, snap peas and marigolds.


It's been a bit overwhelming with the new info but fun to read up on instructables in creating garden stuff. One that I plan to use is the "Ghetto Greenhouse" with the use of 2L bottles.  It's interesting that the planting of Marigolds (flowers) prevents certain pests from attacking vegetables like zucchini and squashes.

I am excited and I hope I get some sprouts soon!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to upgrade your peas to pea repeater shooters...gotta stave off those zombies (PvsZ ftw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Yes Jacob! I was waiting for that comment! haha.

    Yes I will definitely need to upgrade my plants.
    I see I am but a small representation of what you're doing with your farm and animals!

    [Update]: I got some sprouts! Edamame are getting bigger! YES! gonna have my own supply of edamame! love them!

    ReplyDelete