Friday, April 1, 2011

Losing Steam Already?

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!


I had a nice little discussion with a few coworker today in regards to dress code and "casual fridays" and thought the above comic would be more meaningful (and funny) to me then just TGIF (though I share those sentiments as well)

It's been a few days since my last post and I'm already slacking from my initial goal of blogging once a day.  I am very impressed that some people are just 'fountains' of ideas in which they can blog each and everyday.

It wasn't till I read my friend's (Kevin Charisma) blog "What to blog about?" that it made me think of why I'm blogging.

In many ways, my reason for blogging are quite similiar to Kevin's reasons.

1. For me, blogging was a way to document my thoughts/interests or daily happenings.

I don't know about you, but for me many ideas pop into my head at the most inopportune times.  It is usually when I have no access to a pen or paper that I get these inspirations and as usual I suddenly forget them when I finally get something to write with.
--> Examples include song lyrics that pop into my head when I'm showering.. -_-

Since I spend quite a bit of time infront of a computer during my day, I figure it would be a good way to document ideas down somewhere I can access at a later date.

2. Blogging was a way for me to practice writing.

As I've mentioned before I've recently become interested in more of the arts, the art of music, theatre (more of the scripts and ways of presenting like camera angles), and of course well written stories.
It was with these in mind that I thought that blogging would be a nice avenue to practice writing and putting ideas down on "page" so that I could be better equipped to writing stories.


But my blog is turning out to reflect me quite well (in a semi-bad way), as many who know me, I'd be considered a 'Jack of all Trades and a Master of None.'
Like me, the blog is covering a variety of things with little theme or focus as opposed to many blogs which have a purpose and stick to their respective guns.
And really its no wonder considering its a blog about me and what I think :P

There are just so many things that interest me that I like to dabble in a little bit of everything.
I guess for now I will try to continue what I've been doing (and try working on making my blogs shorter so I can possibly start blogging everyday)

So I will post the same question as Kevin:

Any suggestions on what I should do??


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I stirred up some thoughts on why you blogged. haha. Your reference to 'casual Fridays' inspired another post. (Check it out http://kevinkchong.blogspot.com/2011/04/casual-fridays-costing-your-company.html)

    I like what you are doing with your 'jack-of-all-trades'... your blog becomes more about YOU rather than about a thing or topic. And you, sir, are an interesting man... "Dos Equis: stay thirsty, my friends."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete